Download videos from Lynda.com for using offline. For this tutorial to work, you must have a registered Lynda.com account, otherwise the following will result in the introduction video being downloaded for every single video in the course.
- Register for a Lynda.com account
- Download Video Download Capture (VDC) by Apowersoft
- Open VDC and ensure Video Detector is on
- Download via Method 1: Wrong Way
NOTE: You really should try this once to avoid a headache later
- Go to the main course page and copy the course’s URL
- Paste URL into the VDC URL bar and hit enter
- After VDC finishes loading all of the video titles in the course, select all titles -> Select Add to Download
- After several all titles finish downloading, go play them and notice that every single one is about 3Mb and are actually the introduction video. I discovered this while on a road trip and wasn’t able to watch my courses as I had planned; hence defeating the entire point in downloading the videos!
- Cancel the current download batch and delete the videos
- Download via Method 2: Quick but Tedious
NOTE: This method is the fastest but will require your attention the entire time
- Download via Method 3: Slow and Automatic
NOTE: This method is the slowest but doesn’t require much of your attention as it runs in the background