Audition’s primary temp volume cannot be found. Please review Audition’s disk cache preferences.
Adobe Audition CC 2014.0 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
This error is cause because either Adobe Audition cannot access settings because it is not being run as an administrator or the workspace files are corrupted and need to be regenerated.
Solution 1: Run As Administrator
- Open Windows Task Manager (CTL + ALT + DEL ) -> Locate Adobe Audition CC.exe -> Select End Process
- Open Windows Explorer -> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CC 2014
- Right-click Adobe Audition.exe -> Select Properties
- Select the Compatibility Tab -> Select Run As Administrator -> Select OK
Adobe Audition should start smoothly now, if so, you’re done. If you’re still running into problems, then the workspace settings might be corrupted. To fix this, continue to the next steps.
Solution 2: Restore Default Workspace Settings
The following steps will destroy all of your previous settings, but it’s necessary if the workspace is corrupted
- Open Windows Explorer -> Navigate to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Audition -> Rename the version numbered folder to Number-bak
- Navigate to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming -> Rename the version numbered folder to Number-bak
- Navigate to the Adobe Audition launcher icon -> Hold Shift and Select to open Audition